Local internet marketing has become extremely critical for local business success.
As customers become more and more locally-focused with searches on their smartphones, getting information to them quickly and accurately means making more sales.
And Guess What?
Search interest in businesses that are “open now” is up over 400% in the past 2 years.
Think about it.
When you're in a strange place and are hungry, you might search for ‘Italian restaurants open now”. Either you dictate the question into the phone and have SIRI (or similar AI) point you in the right direction, or you type it in the search bar. You assume that Google knows which Italian restaurants are closest to your location and are open.
How does Google know this?
You as the business owner have to tell them.
What does this mean for small business?
When marketing their small business on the internet locally, businesses owners need to create and manage online properties that accurately reflect their company.
Your business needs a website that:
• is SEO-optimized, mobile-friendly, load quickly and is locally-focused.
• contains menus, opening hours, contact information, specials, event calendars and directions.
• has personality and shows that business’ connection with the local community.
• is constantly creating new content for their customers to enjoy, whether it be a new recipe book for restaurant customers or local real estate sales statistics for a real estate agent’s customers.
Your business social media strategy needs social media profiles that mirror company information and locally promote the business using images, videos and other custom content to improve visibility and brand image.
Some examples are:
• images of houses sold, or staging tips that keep potential real estate clients engaged (if you are a real estate agent).
• cooking videos about how your restaurant prepares its meals and sources local produce, to keep “foodies” engaged (if you are a restaurant).
At LOCALSYNC, we are focused on getting local customers through your door. Every business is unique and has different needs, so we don’t have specific “plans” for local marketing.
LOCALSYNC Digital Information Management and WordPress Website Development services are a great way to get started with connecting your “brick and mortar” business with your digital business. These two marketing “blocks” form the foundation of your local internet marketing efforts and should be in place before implementing a comprehensive local internet marketing program.
Free Online Tools for Local Businesses.
We have developed a suite of free tools to help local businesses market themselves online.
The toolkit includes Website Express, Advertising Intelligence, Social Marketing Express, Listing Builder, Customer Voice, and Reputation Management, all in an easy to use dashboard to manage your digital marketing efforts.
No catch – just a free suite of tools to get you online and to help market your business.
Keep in Touch
Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date with the latest trends in local business marketing.
Give us call, we would love to speak with you.
Coral Springs, Florida
+1 954 210 7800